As a company pursuing Translation and Localization activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationships effectively, lawfully and appropriately.
This information will be retained in line with our data retention policy.
Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
BENO LANGUAGE SOLUTIONS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purpose(s) for which it was collected or obtained (if we intend to do so, we will notify you in advance wherever possible).
You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information from our website:
- Name, address and title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you seek a quotation for work, become a client or apply to work with us we will also need additional information to confirm your identity for example:
- The detail and circumstances of the proposed opportunity as well as contact information for you and other parties
- Your employment history
- Qualifications, memberships and references
- DBS and / other compliance data
The information we need will be confirmed at the time depending on the nature of your enquiry.
We may also collect information automatically about your usage of our websites using cookies and other technology (for full details of what we use see the section below on “Cookies”). To that effect, we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. If you do not want to receive cookies, you may reject them by using your browser settings provided they are not necessary for delivery of our website or services to visitors (for help with how to do this see the section below on “Cookies”).
How we use your information
We will use your information for the specific purpose(s) for which it has been provided or collected, for example we may use the information to:
- Provide or develop/improve our products and services
- Comply with our statutory, legal and regulatory obligations
- Administer your application for a vacancy
- Deal with a complaint or feedback
- Administer and support our business ensuring internal records are maintained
We may also use the information that we collect about you for marketing or research purposes e.g.:
- Periodically send you information that we think may be of interest to you or your business
- Periodically send promotional emails about new products and special offers
- From time to time, use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- To invite you to specific events
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us either at the time you submit or provide your details to us and/or within the communication itself.
If you change your mind about being contacted by us in the future, or if any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us write to us here if you are a customer; and write to us here if you are a translator or supplier or write to us at the address detailed below.
Processing your information
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information; this will vary on the circumstances of how and why we have your information, but typical examples include:
- a legitimate business interest of BENO LANGUAGE SOLUTIONS seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current clients
- where you have given consent for us to process your information e.g. in relation to certain marketing, promotional activities
- when we are carrying out necessary steps in relation to a contract to which you are party or prior to you entering into a contract e.g. because you wish to instruct us to carry out translation services for you
- processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- to protect your vital interests e.g. if you were unfortunate enough to fall ill or suffer an injury on our premises
If we process any special categories of information i.e. information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, processing of genetic or biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying individuals, health data, or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, we will always have a further lawful basis for the processing.
Disclosure and Protection of your information
Some of the information you provide to BENO LANGUAGE SOLUTIONS will be held on our computers in Republic of India and will only be accessed by or given to our staff working in Republic of India.
In limited and necessary circumstances, some of the information you provide may be transferred to, stored and processed by third party organizations who process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in India or elsewhere in different parts of the world. These third parties may include third party IT platforms (including cloud-based platforms), suppliers of administrative and support services and suppliers of other specialist products.
We may also be obliged to disclose data under certain laws or by order of court or other competent regulatory body or may be permitted to disclose it under applicable data protection laws.
Cookies also known as browsers or tracking cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
At BENO LANGUAGE SOLUTIONS we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to disable cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third Party Services
The site uses the following services which you should be aware of as they often place cookies and track user activity:
- Google Analytics
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have a number of rights with regards to your personal data. These rights will not apply in all cases or to all information that we hold about you. For example, we may need to continue to hold and process information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will tell you if this is the case when you contact us.
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold
- Update your personal information where it is out-of-date or incorrect
- Delete personal information that we hold
- Restrict the way in which we process your information
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
- In certain circumstances the right to data portability – provide information you have given to us to a third-party provider of services (where our lawful basis for processing is consent and where processing is automated).
We will respond to your request (including providing information on whether the rights apply in the circumstance) within the applicable statutory time-period. If we are not sure of your identity, we may require you to provide further information for us to confirm who you are.
In addition, where you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent is withdrawn.
To request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you, to withdraw consent or to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR or DPA please write to Beno Language Solutions (a subsidiary of Connect AB Infoline Pvt Ltd), The Beno House, B-23/C1, Sector 62, Institutional Area, Noida (Delhi-NCR) – 201307 or email here if you are a customer; and email here if you are a registered translator or a supplier.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect within one month of notification.
Please click here for GDPR Subject Access Request Form